Last Revised: July 20, 2016.
Strayer Education, Inc. and its subsidiaries including Strayer University ("Strayer") hold in high regard the privacy rights of visitors to our websites and mobile apps, including strayer.edu, strayeronline.net, strayereducation.com, strayeruniversity.edu, strayeruniversity.com, strayeredu.com, strayereducation.net, strayeruniversity.net, strayeruniversityonline.com, strayeruniversityonline.net, fcadealer.strayeruniversity.edu, and fca.strayeruniversity.edu, (the “Sites”). To demonstrate our commitment to user privacy, we provide the following information describing what information we collect from visitors to the Sites and how that information is used.
- Information You Provide to Us. Personally identifiable information may be collected on a voluntary basis, at the option of the user. For example, you may choose to provide your name, address or telephone number in the "Contact Us" section of our Sites or engage in financial transactions on the Sites.
- FERPA. Personally identifiable information for enrolled students at Strayer University is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information on FERPA is available here.
- Use of information. Your information may be used to help us improve our Sites by enabling us to discover and address the needs of our Sites’ visitors. This includes making our Sites accessible to the variety of Web browsers and operating systems used to access our Sites.
- Subject to applicable laws, in the event that part or all of Strayer Education, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries are bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, personal information will likely be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
- We may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of visitors and customers, employees, students, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Security of Information.We use best efforts to protect the security of personal information collected through the Sites. Financial transactions submitted through the Sites are encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Requesting Removal from Strayer Marketing Lists. You may opt out of Strayer marketing solicitations at any time. Request removal from Strayer University’s marketing lists.
- Do Not Track. Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, the Sites and Strayer do not recognize DNT.
- Children’s Privacy.The Sites do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete the information from our databases and not use such information for any purpose, except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law.
- Limitation of Liability.The Sites may contain links to third party websites. Links to these websites are provided as a convenience only and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the linked site, its operator or contents. We encourage our visitors to review the privacy policies of each website they visit.
Strayer University Office of the General Counsel
2303 Dulles Station Blvd.
Mail Stop 6C
Herndon, VA 20171